Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
• to build and ensure a quality culture, appropriate structure and processes with enough flexibility to meet the diverse needs of the stakeholders at the University.
• Meant for planning, guiding and monitoring Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Enhancement (QE) activities of the University.
• to channelize and systematize the efforts and measures of the University towards academic excellence.
IQA Cell :
The IQA cell has been reconstructed by the Executive Council (EC) with reference to the circular No. RPS/IQAC/91/1059/2016/S-96, dated 18.02.2016 by the Registrar, University of Kalyani. The members are:
Professor (Dr.) Sankar Kumar Ghosh, Vice-Chancellor, University of Kalyani.
Professor (Dr.) Jyotsna Kumar Mandal, Professor, Department of CSE, University of Kalyani
Professor (Dr.) Goutam Paul, Professor, Department of Physiology, University of Kalyani
Professor (Dr.) Manas Kumar Sanyal, Professor, Department of Business Administration,University of Kalyani
Professor (Dr.) Shital K. Chattopadhyayr, Professor, Department of Chemistry, University of Kalyani
Professor (Dr.) Nilashis Nandi, Professor, Department of Chemistry, University of Kalyani
Registrar, University of Kalyani.
Inspector of Colleges, University of Kalyani
System-in-Charge, University of Kalyani.
Development Officer, University of Kalyani.
Smtr. Sharmila Majumder, Associate Professor, Department of English, University of Kalyani.
Dr. Bijan Sarkar, Assistant Professor, Department of Education, University of Kalyani
Prof.(Dr.) Ashok Banerjee, Professor of Finance & Control,Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Kolkata
The Chairman, Kalyani Municipality,Kalyani
Ms. Smita Pandit Chakraborty, Regional Coordinator, CII
Activities of IQAC 2013
Regarding the planning for the year 2014-15 all the reports from 2009-2010 to 2013-2014 year wise have been accumulated and a comprehensive report is prepared accordingly. Applications are being received from faculty members and the same is processed on regular basis. Till now 46 applications have already been processed by the ‘CAS API Subcommittee’ to speed up the process of promotions of teaching faculties on the basis of quality benchmark/parameters, out of which 19 for the CAS for Professor, 6 Assistant Professor to AGP Rs. 8000 and 21 Assistant Professor to AGP Rs. 7000. Our sincere thanks to the team members of ‘CAS API Subcommittee’ for their team efforts. Intercom connectivity is assigned to the IQAC (number 399) for direct access to the cell. This Annual Quality Assurance report is results of the untiring activity of the cell which is coming out for the first time as a comprehensive outcome of the academics of the University for the session 2013-2014. Initiatives have been taken to restructure the IQAC section of the University web site.
Plan for 2014
• Timely preparing the AQAR of 2014-15
• Conducting state of the art training programme for the faculty members
• Conducting workshop for the principals of affiliated Colleges under the University of Kalyani regarding awareness of IQAC
• Conducting workshop for the Heads of various departments and Centers of the University of Kalyani regarding awareness of IQAC
Activities of IQAC 2014-15
The IQAC is ensures quality in teaching, research and other academic issues including promotional issue of the teachers through Board of studies, departmental research committees, departmental committees and faculty councils. Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) reviewing the teaching learning process. The structure of IQAC is as follows:
1. The Vice-Chancellor, Chairman
2. Director, IQAC
3. Eight Faculty members of the University
4. Three external experts
5. Development Officer, Convener
IQAC Contributing towards institutionalizing quality assurance strategies and processes. Some of these are
1. Improvement of teaching learning methods through introduction of ICT enabled environment in various class rooms and faculty rooms
2. Extending the scope of access for e-journal through Central Library
3. Collection of Students Feedback on teaching made by several faculty members
4. Introduction of the system of publication of Newsletter and Departmental Journal every year containing the progress made by each department
5. Introduction of Quality Assessment System for faculty members based on APR
6. Introduction of CBCS and credit transfer system in all PG Courses
7. Introduction of Central Instrumentation Facility
8. Introduction of New Centres and Finishing School
9. Introduction of 5-year integrated course
10. Introduction of Project Work in all PG Courses
External members on the committees of the IQAC are
1. Prof. Purusottam Sen, Finance & Control, IIM, Calcutta
2. Ms. Smita Pandit Chakraborty, Regional Coordinators, CII
3. Dr. Nilimesh Roychoudhuri, Chairman, Kalyani Municipality
The above external members share their thoughts and experiences on quality improvement of education in different ways. They review the existing position of the University on qualitative aspects of teaching, learning and research and give their best possible advices for betterment of the quality of imparting teaching, learning and research process.
All the reports from 2010-2011 to 2014-2015 year wise have been accumulated and a comprehensive report is prepared accordingly. Applications are being received from faculty members for CAS and the same is processed on regular basis. Till now 84 applications have already been processed by the ‘CAS API Subcommittee’ to speed up the process of promotions of teaching faculties on the basis of quality benchmark/parameters, out of which 36 for the CAS for Professor(AGP 9000 to AGP 10000) and 1 Deputy Librarian to Librarian (AGP 9000 to AGP 10000), 12 Associate Professor (AGP 8000 to AGP 9000), 5 Assistant Professor (AGP 7000 to AGP 8000) and 31Assistant Professor (AGP 6000 to AGP 7000). Our sincere thanks to the team members of ‘CAS API Subcommittee’ for their team efforts. An intercom connectivity is assigned to the IQAC (number 399) for direct access to the cell.Initiatives have been taken to restructure the IQAC section of the University web site. IQAC Organized Faculty empowerment program in collaboration with Microsoft where 24 Faculty member trained by the Experts from Microsoft in latest Microsoft office tools and techniques. Director cum coordinator deliver two expert lectures on in KN College and other in Baharampur Girls College on NAAC Accredation process of colleges.
Members of APISubCommittee Cliick here
IQAC Questionnaire for all Departments :
a) IQAC Departmental Questionnaire Click here
b) Annexure 1 Quantitative Evaluation Click here
c) Annexure 2 Research-related Activities Faculty Click here
d) Annexure 3 Research-related Activities Individual Click here
Intellectual Property Right Cell:
IPR Click here
CBCS Sub-Committee Report- 2016:
CBCS Sub-Committee Report 2015-16 Click here
IQAC Activities 2015-16:
IQAC Activities 2015-16. Click here
IQAC KU Proceedings 2008-2016:
IQAC Proceedings 2008-2016 Volume -1. Click here
IQAC Proceedings 2008-2016 Volume -2. Click here
Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR):